|The CF4 will fit in a recital hall or teaching studio, but has a surprisingly big sound. This piano is characterized by a wide spectrum of tonal colors and being able to create the most expressive phrases.|
CF Series Grands
Yamaha CF Series grand pianos are instruments of rare perfection, handcrafted from the very finest materials to the highest professional standards in the Yamaha concert grand workshop. Incorporating a host of recent advances, today’s redesigned S series grands are more impressive than ever, offering concert-quality features and performance for the most demanding pianists.
- Refinements in the specifications of copper-wound strings generate purer, more perfectly pitched and harmonious bass tones.
- Select bridge materials deliver warm, rich tones and extended resonance.
- Heavy-duty double casters offer improved mobility.
- Aesthetic refinements to legs, music desk and lyre, and beautiful plate and inner rim surface finishes, provide a distinctively elegant appearance.
- A lit prop safety stop guards against insecure prop positioning.
Celebrating a distinguished century of grand piano making
Unparalleled in their beauty and musical range, grand pianos are the ultimate expression of the piano maker’s art. The year 2002 representing our grand piano centennial year, Yamaha is proud to present a comprehensive line of incomparable grands, reflecting the very latest in Yamaha acoustic and technological advances. Embodying over 100 years of accumulated expertise, these instruments epitomize the quality, performance and value for which Yamaha has long been renowned, as we enter the second century of Yamaha grand pianos.
- Hand-crafted in the Yamaha Concert Grand Factory
- New design concert scale
- Solid European spruce soundboard and ribs
- Special crown making
- Complete tone collector system
- Dovetail joints
- Treble resonator
- Vertically laminated treble bridge with boxwood cap
- Duplex scaling
- Open pinblock
- Hand-made solid copper wound bass strings
- Roslau treble wire
- Aluminum alloy action rails
- Yamaha balanced action
- Spruce keys with hardwood buttons
- Ivorite™ keytops with WPC sharps
- Premium Yamaha designed hammers with T-fasteners
- Specially designed hammer shanks
- Reinforced keyframe pin with adjustable guide
- Hardwood reinforced keyframe
- Patented Humid-A-Seal pinblock™
- Cut thread tuning pins
- Polyester finish
- Resin sheet foundation
- Soft-Close™ fallboard
- Lid prop stopper
- Locking fallboard and top
- Heavy duty double wheeled solid brass casters (New Style)
- Vacuum Shield Mold Process plate
- Seasoned for destination
Crafted with uncommon care and integrity
Yamaha grand pianos have earned a global reputation as instruments of outstanding quality and value. Renowned for their eloquent expressive range, and for their reliable performance over time, they play an important role in the performing arts and music education. They are consistently among the pianos most highly recommended by piano tuner/technicians and a leading choice of pianists at all levels, all over the world.
The Yamaha reputation rests on a century-long tradition of uncompromising care and craftsmanship, supported by an unmatched range of integrated expertise, top-of-the-line production facilities, and an exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable and dedicated workforce. Our strength in the full range of relevant technologies allows us to produce virtually every part of every piano ourselves – an approach that has helped us initiate significant advances and set what has long been recognized as the industry standard in quality control.
An open dialog with professional musicians generates invaluable input that, in conjunction with sophisticated research facilities, has led to continual advances in each new generation of Yamaha pianos. Our global network offers Yamaha customers additional advantages, from cost-efficient regional manufacturing to the ready availability of sales and support throughout most of the world.
Balancing cutting-edge technology and innovation with the timeless skills of expert artisans, Yamaha pianos have come to represent an unsurpassed standard of affordable excellence. It is a standard that continues to generate ever-higher acclaim and make Yamaha grand pianos the first choice of many of the world’s most discriminating pianists.